Yale University – School of Management
Full-time MBA program – Interview Questions
Yale has revamped its interview. It used to ask a range of standard MBA interview questions. The interview is still short (30mts) but behavioral questions have almost disappeared.
The new questions are odder and seem harder to predict.
Some commonly asked questions are:
- How do you know about Yale? What kind of connection do you have with Yale?
- What do you think is the most important characteristic for a leader.
- What attributes do you look for when selecting a team.
- Do you think goods such as alcohol or tobacco should be taxed more? Why or why not?
- What is a current trend in your industry?
- FOLLOW UP OR CONTEXT QUESTIONS about your current or intended industry.
- What company would you want to work for after the MBA?
- Okay, I’m that CEO. Take 30 seconds and tell me why I should hire you.
- Anything you want me to make sure I tell the committee?
- What questions do you have for me?
We can help with your interview prep. Contact us: