Stanford University – Stanford Graduate School of Business
Full-time MBA program – Application essays
Your answers for both essay questions combined may not exceed 1,150 words. Suggested split: first essay 750 words, second essay 400 words.
- What matters most to you, and why?
For this essay, we would like you to:
- Focus on the “why” rather than the “what.”
- Do some deep self-examination, so you can genuinely illustrate who you are and how you came to be the person you are.
- Share the insights, experiences, and lessons that shaped your perspectives, rather than focusing merely on what you’ve done or accomplished.
- Write from the heart, and illustrate how a person, situation, or event has influenced you.
- Why Stanford?
Enlighten us on how earning your MBA at Stanford will enable you to realize your ambitions.
- Explain your decision to pursue graduate education in management.
- Explain the distinctive opportunities you will pursue at Stanford.
- Indicate the question you are answering at the beginning of each essay (does not count toward the word limit)
- Number all pages
- Upload one document that includes both essays
[prompt type=”right” title=”Are you ready for Stanford GSB?” message=”Send us your CV and provide us some information about your background and plans, and we’ll provide a free evaluation of your profile.” button_text=”Request Free Evaluation” button_icon=”certificate” circle=”true” href=”http://mbaappguru.com/request-a-free-profile-evaluation/?ref=StanfordGSB” style=”border: none; shadow: none;”]